Looking to make something special from your pup to your family or even for yourself this holiday season? Make lasting memories this holiday with these simple and fun to make DIY paw print ornaments!
- 1 cup of iodized salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of water
- Cookie sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Twine or ribbon
- No-stick spray
- Your dog’s paw!
Check out the video below to learn how to make the ornaments, or read the step-by-step directions underneath the video.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together 1 cup of iodized salt, 1 and ¼ cups of all-purpose flour, and ½ cup of water.
- Knead the mixture for about 30 seconds until you get a dough-like consistency.
- Roll out the dough and grab a cup to cut out circles big enough to fit your dog’s paw.
- Grab a straw and imprint them into the dough to make a hold for the twine or ribbon.
- Bake for 2-3 hours at 200 degrees.
- Once the ornaments have hardened, add glue into the paw-print indents and sprinkle glitter.
- Write your pup’s name, the year, and add the twine or ribbon for a finishing touch.
- Hang your ornament on the tree or gift it to your friends and family!
There are so many ways you can celebrate the holiday season with your pup! This fun craft is simple and easy to do, PLUS will last ‘fur’ever. We hope you have fun!